Delicate risotto with zucchini is an easy and quick first course to prepare, creamy, flavourful and perfect for spring or summer.
• 350g Carnaroli Rice
• 190g Salemi Pina Bio Delicata Bruschetta sauce in jar
• 100g Parmesan cheese
• 50 g Butter
• 500 ml Water
• 2 teaspoons vegetable stock cube
• 1 onion
• 1 glass white wine
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Slightly heat the water and then dissolve the vegetable stock cube in it.
Pour the extra-virgin olive oil and add the chopped onion to a pot and, when hot, add the Salemi Pina Bio Delicata Bruschetta.
2. Drizzle a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pot and let it heat up. Add the rice and toast it for a few minutes until it becomes transparent.
3. Add the white wine and let it evaporate completely.
Lower the heat, add the vegetable broth bit by bit and cook the rice for about 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and adding vegetable broth as it gets absorbed.
Five minutes before the end of cooking time, when the rice is almost cooked, add the zucchini cream, butter and grated Parmesan cheese and stir well to mix the risotto and the Salemi Pina
Serve the Delicate Risotto while it is still hot.
Variations and hints
You can replace the butter with a tablespoon of spreadable cheese.
You can add a sprinkle of ground black pepper.
You can also add cubed ham or cubed mozzarella or both.